Income Protection can provide a financial benefit and rehabilitation support if an employee is unable to work because of long-term illness or injury.
Group Income Protection can be used by employers:
- To help manage sickness and the associated costs, it can help employees get back to health and back to work – helping to reduce the length of sickness absence and the impact on your organisation.
- As an employee benefit to provide continued income for sick and incapacitated employees, helping to relieve money worries at a difficult time. This valuable benefit can boost morale and help attract and retain the right calibre of staff – factors that are essential to business growth.
Benefits are normally based on an employee’s earnings with options available to meet the employer’s specific needs and budget.
We can help you choose the right plan for your business, benefits include:
- Basic benefit which can be paid until a chosen age, or limited to 2, 3, 4 or 5 years
- Cover for an employer’s liability for National Insurance contributions
- Long-term supplementary benefit to cover employment costs that may continue (pension contributions or other business costs)
- Short-term supplementary benefit, payable for 6 months or a year to cover extra costs such as paying for temporary or replacement staff
- Final lump sum, payable at the end of a limited payment period – e.g. to fund early retirement
- Initial lump sum of up to £10,000 if an employee is absent for 14 days due to heart attack, cancer or stroke
- A choice of when benefit payments start and whether benefits remain constant or increase while being paid
- The option to ask for pay direct terms (to allow payment of the basic benefit to be paid to an employee after they leave service – allowing both to move on)
Contact us on 01206 331414 for more information or to a quote